Strudel is a traditional German pastry that has layered dough. While the traditional version isn’t vegan, vegan strudel only requires a few changes. Often people fill their strudel with apples and place it over a custard cream, but there are so many different ways to make one. Chocolate, apple, tofu, or veggie––whether you prefer savory or sweet, there’s a vegan strudel for you. The options are endless! No matter the occasion or time of day, it’s always a good idea to have a vegan strudel. You have to try one of these––they are all so delicious!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Dessert Archives!
1. Almond Cinnamon Yeast Strudel
Source: Almond Cinnamon Yeast Strudel
Almond cinnamon yeast strudel is a famous Swiss pastry that everyone must try! The delicious flaky strudel is filled with a rich buttery almond mixture and topped with tangy lemon icing. Bake this sweet Almond Cinnamon Yeast Strudel by Fabio Gallo for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
2. Dark Chocolate Strudel With Toasted Nuts
What’s fab about the strudels, is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, can easily be made in bulk, rich with chocolate, filled with toasted nuts, perfect for any season, perfect for brunch entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, and you can make in advance by baking the entire thing and slicing later!! You have to try Gabrielle St. Claire‘s Dark Chocolate Strudel With Toasted Nuts!
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Pumpkin Strudel
Source: Pumpkin Strudel
4. Tofu Veggie Strudel with Curry and Ginger
5. Apple Strudel With Custard
Source: Apple Strudel With Custard
This flaky Apple Strudel With Custard by Philipp Ertl becomes golden brown goodness as it bakes and the fragrant, sweet scent of apples is amazing. This creamy custard could not be any simpler or more rewarding! Only 4 ingredients and it tastes heavenly!
6. Amaretto Cherry Strudel With Homemade Puff Pastry
You guys. This Amaretto Cherry Strudel With Homemade Puff Pastry by Aileen Metcalf recipe is quite amazing. Don’t be intimidated by the “homemade vegan puff pastry” part. It’s pretty simple. This recipe is flakey, easy, and most importantly, delicious! It looks fancy and would be the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch (or dessert!)
7. Rosemary Mushroom, Tofu, and Pine Nut Strudel
If you are looking for a centerpiece that will appeal to everyone, look no further. This Rosemary Mushroom, Tofu, and Pine Nut Strudel by Sara Oliveira is delicious with a flaky filo outside and a filling of meaty mushrooms, tofu, and crunchy pine nuts with fresh rosemary. It can be made in advance, which makes the days when it is easy to get swept away by the hustle and bustle of the holiday season so much better.
8. Easy Moroccan Strudels
Source: Easy Moroccan Strudels
Hey, you. Want to throw a stress-free dinner party, maybe even break the ice a little by getting the guests involved in the cooking process? This recipe for Easy Moroccan Strudels by Koren Helbig is for you. They are super fun to make all together and taste amazing!
9. Pear Strudel With Pistachio Pesto
Strudel is best if you enjoy it fresh out of the oven and served with chilled soy whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream. The combination of warm strudel and cold whipped cream or ice cream just can’t be beaten. You can also find larger quantities of organic shelled pistachios, used in the pesto for this dish, fairly cheap on the internet. You have to try this Pear Strudel With Pistachio Pesto by Attila Hildmann!
10. Asian Lentil and Tofu Strudel
Source: Asian Lentil and Tofu Strudel
Fusion food is a way to take something old and recreate it with new flavors, like in this Asian Lentil and Tofu Strudel by Sonja Trurnit. This traditional Bavarian entrée is stuffed with a delicious Asian-inspired filling of yellow lentils, pumpkin, smoked tofu, tomatoes, and lots of spices. Dab the puff pastry generously with some vegan butter, both for flavor and a golden extra-flaky crust. Sprinkled with black sesame seeds it is a stunner, for both tummy and eyes!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.