The funny thing is that this fudge doesn't take on the texture of fudge until after it has been baked and then put in the fridge overnight. Something magical happens in the fridge. Keep in mind that the texture of this fudge will not be as smooth and creamy as "real" fudge, but it also does not have all of the sugar, fat, and cholesterol of said fudge.
Mocha Fudge [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mocha Fudge [Vegan]
- 14 dates
- 1/3 cup nut butter (cashew and peanut work well)
- 4 oz jar baby food prunes
- 2 Tbs. Organic Decaf freeze dried coffee crystals
- 2 Tbs. hot water
- 50 drops (approx 2 dropperfuls) of Vanilla Crème liquid stevia
- 2 Tbs. flax meal
- 15 oz. can sodium free black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup + 1Tbs. cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
How to Prepare Mocha Fudge [Vegan]
- Dissolve the coffee in the hot water. Place the dates, nut butter, prunes, coffee mixture, stevia, and flax meal in the food processor and process until very smooth. You will need to stop the processor and scrape down the sides with a spatula several times during the processing.
- Once the above mixture is smooth add the black beans, cacao powder, and almond flour to the mixture. Again process until smooth scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour the fudge mixture into a very lightly oiled 8 x 8 pan, spread the mixture evenly, and bake at 225 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool and then refrigerate overnight. You can either cut the fudge into bars and then refrigerate or refrigerate the pan and cut the fudge into squares after refrigerating.
- I store my fudge in a Glasslock container in the fridge and stack each piece on its cut edge to help prevent sticking.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.