This colorful veggie roll is packed with vitamins and is a great alternative to a vegetable salad. The ingredients listed below can and should be varied according to personal preferences. Try and enjoy your raw sushi rolls in every possible way!
Raw Carrot Sushi [Vegan]
- 2 Nori seaweed sheets
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 bell pepper (red, yellow, etc.)
- 1/3 kohlrabi
- Peel and cut the vegetables: avocado into thick sticks, bell pepper and kohlrabi into thin sticks (or julienne).
- Peel and cut the carrots, and place them in a food processor. Process the carrots until they acquire an even, rice-like texture.
- Spread the shredded carrot onto the Nori sheet, instead of sushi rice. Make sure it is evenly spread and press it until it sticks to the seaweed.
- Place the other vegetables on top of the carrot layer.
- Roll the seaweed with the veggies inside, just like a regular sushi roll.
- Cut into 6-8 pieces (with a sharp knife) and serve with soy sauce. Bon Appetit!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile