A ridiculously easy starter to make, yet a delightful surprise even for the most peculiar vegan connoisseurs. Choose small beets: they tend to be softer and more flavorful.
Beet Carpaccio [Vegan]
- 400 g beets (young are the best)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Raspberry vinegar to taste (approximately 2-3 tbsp)
- Fresh or dried thyme to taste (marjoram would do too)
- Wash the beets (don’t peel yet), cover them with water, bring to boil, add salt, lower the heat and cook till tender (approximately for 20 minutes). Let cool.
- Peel and cut the beets in thin slices using a sharp knife.
- Arrange the beet circles on the plate, generously spray with oil and vinegar, sprinkle with the herbs and refrigerate for at least four.
- Beet Recipes