Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Anyone fancy a totally awesome, fail-safe, fool-proof, painfully easy recipe for vegan banana bread? Sure you do! I am here to dutifully deliver.
Banana and Blueberry Bread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana and Blueberry Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups plain white flour
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/3 cup oil
How to Prepare Banana and Blueberry Bread [Vegan]
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees celsius/350 fahrenheit
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and gently combine.
- Mash the bananas to a pulp before adding the oat milk, cider vinegar, agave, water and oil. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a loaf tin with vegan spread/margarine.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and into it pour the wet. Gently fold until everything is incorporated before stirring through the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf tin and bake for 20minutes before turning the tin. This will ensure the loaf will bake evenly and the top won’t be more raised at one end.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes before inserting a skewer into the centre – if it comes out clean the loaf is done! If not, don’t panic, let it bake for a further 5-10minutes and test again.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before attempting to remove it from the tin.
- Et voila! The perfect banana loaf.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?