One word, YUM! I love protein bars but 1) They're expensive and 2) All protein bars are not created equal. These protein balls are the perfect, decadent mixture of sweet and salty. I must say the best thing about them is that my 4-year-old loves them and gobbles them up way before any of the junk that sits in our pantry. They remind me of Lara bars but are half the price and way easier to make at home then to go to the store and buy them (seriously, they are that easy to make). You can substitute the walnuts with the nut of your choice but I felt like the walnuts went with the dates really well. P.S. I don’t like dates, but I love these protein balls.
Cranberry Date Walnut Protein Balls [Vegan]
- 1/2 c Dates, pitted and dried
- 1/2 c Cranberries, dried
- 1 1/2 c Walnuts, chopped
- 2 scoops Protein Powder, vanilla
- Place cranberries and dates into blender and blend until they won't blend anymore! :) I added a little water for a sticky consistency. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Blend walnuts by pulsing the blender. DO NOT BLEND or you will end up with a nut butter. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add protein powder to the mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- When thoroughly mixed roll into 1" balls and store in the fridge.