Valerie, the founder of Whispering Willows Senior Dog Sanctuary, has rescued over 850 dogs from neglect, homelessness, and losing their owners. “When I first started, I thought I was going to have a couple of senior dogs. So we got past 12 dogs, and then it got to 20, and my husband was like, you’re still getting more?” Valerie said.
Source: The Dodo/Youtube
With five spacious acres in the sanctuary’s backyard, all of the rescues have the freedom to roam free and come and go as they please. The dogs have their own personal suites in the sanctuary but oftentimes prefer to sleep in the king-sized bed with Valerie. As you can imagine, with hundreds of rescues roaming around the house, their day-to-day life is pretty busy. With food prepping all of their meals, cleaning up after them, and playing with them, “there’s always some sort of commotion going on,” says Valerie.
“They go through such trauma, of either losing a beloved owner, or being a stray, our goal is that they would naturally feel at home,” Valerie added.
Whispering Willows Senior Dog Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit hospice for dogs. The sanctuary relies on donations and fundraising activities for its income. If you would like to help, you can donate here.
- Rescuers Help 8-Week-Old Leopard Cubs Reunite with their Mother [Video]
- Sick Leopard Cub Rescued and Returned to the Wild [Video]
- Precious Rescued Leopard is so Happy to Have a Sanctuary Home, She Literally Jumps for Joy (VIDEO)
- Beautiful Video Captures the Moment Lost Leopard Cub Is Reunited With His Mama!
- You Won’t Believe How This Mama Leopard Reacted After Finding Her Missing Babies (VIDEO)
- Wildlife SOS Team Saves Leopard From Lethal Poaching Trap
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!