Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
These lucky rescue dogs from Israel were given a second chance at life! At Dog Tales, the team described their job as extremely rewarding. They get to rescue dogs and make them look and feel good as new! Let’s take a look at their amazing and heartwarming transformations.
First is Leon, a 7-year-old Pyrenees mix, who arrived at the shelter with 10 other rescue dogs from Israel. When he arrived, his long, thick coat was matted and in serious need of help. As you can see from the video, Leon is extremely laid back and calm while being cleaned and groomed for adoption! As a rescue dog who has most likely never been groomed before, his calm behavior is rare and very special.
Up next is Pierre, another rescue dog from Israel. He is a 2-year-old Saluki, which is one of the oldest known breeds of dog. They are also known as the royal dog of Egypt! They are incredibly agile and can run up to 25 miles per hour! Pierre was lucky enough to be rescued by Dog Tales and was recently adopted!
Last but not least, Dog Tales rescued an 18-month-old Saluki named Scotch from Israel. If you’re considering adopting a Saluki, just know that they have a need for speed and require more than just a walk around the block.
- 8 Puppy Mill Survivors Whose Stories Will Give You Hope
- Dog Rescues Drowning Friend
- Emotional Support Dog Safely Rescued from NYC Subway
- Scared Homeless Pup Rescued During Fireworks Display (VIDEO)
- This Pit Bull Was Tormented by Neighborhood Kids, But Watch How Sweet and Gentle He Really Is (VIDEO)
- Watch Incredible Rescue of Puppy Thrown Into a River (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!