Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: AsapSCIENCE /YouTube
Dr. Swan warns that babies are being born with small penises due to Pollution. Her book, Count Down, looks at “how our modern world is threatening sperm counts, altering male and female reproductive development, and imperiling the future of the human race.” Swan is an environmental and reproductive epidemiologist.
Her research found that male human babies that were exposed to phthalates in the womb had shorter anogenital distance- which correlated with penile volume. Dr. Swan used data from multiple studies, including those that found decreased male fertility over the past four decades.
“They came to this conclusion after examining 185 studies involving close to 45,000 healthy men,” publisher Simon & Schuster writes. “It turns out our sexual development is changing in broader ways, for both men and women and even other species, and that the modern world is on pace to become an infertile one.”
Phthalates are found in hundreds of items and are often added to plastic to make it flexible and tougher. Phthalates are currently found in shampoo, food packaging, vinyl flooring, clothing, shower curtains, automotive plastics, stain-resistant products, and other items.
Sign this petition to demand that Biden and Congress ban single-use plastics in the US
Read more about phthalates in One Green Planet, check out Why You Should Cut Plastic Out of Your Beauty Routine and How to Do It.
- 7 Ways to Avoid Parabens and Phthalates in Personal Care Products
- Chemicals in Plastics Damage Babies; Brains, According to Experts
- Never Buy Shampoo, Laundry Detergent or Soap Again Thanks to This All-Natural Nut
- 10 Toxins That Your Baby Should Not Be Exposed To
- Microplastics Found in Placentas of Pregnant Women
- Baby Bottles Release Microplastics, Per New Study
- Children’s Brains Exposed to Air Pollution Show Alzheimer’s Warning Signs
- Chemicals in Plastics Damage Babies’ Brains, According to Experts
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!