Source: USA Today/YouTube
The Kansas City Chiefs just won the Super Bowl yet their name is a constant reminder that objectifying and disrespecting indigenous groups is acceptable. The team has been asked repeatedly to change their name, yet has continually refused to do so. On top of that, fans will often use the tomahawk chop and wear headdresses, further disrespecting these groups. Please sign this petition to urge the Kansas City Chiefs to finally change their name!
Indigenous People Are Not Mascots. Demand the Chiefs Change Their Racist Name!Click Here to Sign Petition
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Tell the United States to Ban Inhumane Glue Traps
- Petition: Tell Wyoming to Vote No on Banning Electric Vehicles
- Petition: Tell the U.S. Government to Invest in Mushroom “Meat” Ranches
- Petition: Urge Lawmakers in Connecticut to Invest in a Bear Sanctuary
- Petition: Pressure Authorities to Remove the Licenses of Fraudulent Nurses
- Petition: Tell Missouri Lawmakers to Revise Sexist Dress Code Policy
- Petition: Help Fund Praline’s Backyard Foundation to Protect Domestic Violence Victims and Their Animal Companions
- Petition: Ban This Animal-Abuser from Ever Having Animals Again
- Petition: Ask for an Investigation into School That Allowed a Teacher to Be Shot
- Petition: Help Fund Communities Instead of Corrupt Police Departments
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!