Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Bear-human interactions are becoming more and more common as sprawling human developments continue encroaching on their habitats. Sadly, when these kinds of encounters occur the bears are often euthanized. However, a bear sanctuary in Montana is giving “problem” bears a home who would otherwise be euthanized. Considering Connecticut has the highest rate of bear complaints in the country, it seems only fitting that they should have a bear sanctuary too. Please sign this petition to urge lawmakers in Connecticut to invest in a bear sanctuary!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Pressure Congress to Ban Assault Weapons
- Petition: Make Sure This Animal Abuser Receives Counseling
- Petition: Tell Congress to Keep Wild Horses and Burros on Our Public Lands
- Petition: Call on the EPA to Enact a Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Petition: Make Sure This Animal Abuser is Never Allowed Near Animals Again
- Petition: Make Dyeing Animals Illegal in California
- Petition: Urge Congress to Implement Limits on Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Petition: Urge French Authorities to Enforce Bans on Ortolan Bunting Hunting
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Fine People for Violating Proper Landfill Disposal
- Petition: Demand Authorities Forbid Animal Rescue Owners from Being Around Animals
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!