Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Last month, police officers shot and killed two dogs and tasered a homeless man in East London. Police were responding to a call about a woman being attacked by a dog, although she didn’t need to receive any hospital treatment. They then pursued the man along a canal towpath where they shot the dogs and tasered their human. Besides losing his beloved dogs, the homeless man is being charged with having a dangerous and out-of-control dog. Please sign this petition to ask the Metropolitan Police to drop these ridiculous charges and publicly apologize for killing his dogs!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Mandate Counseling for Man Who Abused Over 100 Dogs
- Petition: Tell California to Help Find Missing Black Women and Girls
- Petition: Urge Pennsylvania Lawmakers to Make Pet Custody Part of Divorce Cases
- Petition: Tell Delta Airlines to Make Up for Its False Promises and Finally Go Carbon Neutral
- Petition: Call on Oklahoma to Reverse Abortion Bans Immediately
- Petition: Tell India to End Cruel Bull-Taming Sport
- Petition: Tell Countries to Sign Treaty That Will Ban Nuclear Weapons
- Petition: Demand UPS Agree to the Teamsters’ Demands
- Petition: Tell HCA Healthcare to Implement Pet Hospice Care in Its Facilities
- Petition: Pressure China to Remove the Memphis Zoo from Its Panda-Lending Program
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!