Air pollution is a huge issue for all of us and one that is not going away any time soon. Given that climate change is real and fossil fuel-related emissions are the primary driver, we must take immediate action to cut greenhouse gasses. Not only is air pollution harmful to our health, taking the lives of 7 million people every year, but it greatly impacts the environment as well. It reduces visibility, harms forests and the wildlife that lives there, and causes acid rain. Fossil fuel use is contributing massively to the imbalance of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere and oceans and is negatively affecting the entire planet.
Source: Healthcare Triage/Youtube
The IPCC has continually reminded the American public that we are running out of time, and we must demand that the Environmental Protection Agency take immediate and reduce our reliance on fossil fuels. Sign this petition to demand the Environmental Protection Agency take immediate action to cut air pollution!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand States Tighten Firework Sale Restrictions
- Justice For 2,000 Cows Cooked to Death in the Heat of Kansas
- Ban Woman Who Set a Conscious Dog on Fire From Owning Animals Again
- Stand up for animals and end bullfighting
- Hold Costco Accountable For Mistreating Farm Animals
- Ban Gas Chamber Euthanasia In Utah
- Demand Full Sustainability From Amazon
- Fund Social-Emotional Learning Programs In Schools
- Research Superworm That Eats Trash & Reduces Plastic Waste
- Tell Biden To Remove Remaining Restrictions On Abortion Pills
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!