The already-high price of gasoline is projected to rise significantly with the Biden administration’s decision to stop buying fossil fuels from Russia in punishment for President Putin’s appalling invasion of Ukraine. But instead of giving any relief to the American people, Big Oil is using this as an opportunity to fill their own pockets — a staggering $38 billion worth this year — to make their wealthy shareholders even richer. If prices stay this high, consumers will pay $165 billion more for 2022 than they did in 2019, says CNN.
“Oil prices are decreasing, gas prices should too,” Biden said on Twitter. “Last time oil was $96 a barrel, gas was $3.62 a gallon. Now it’s $4.31. Oil and gas companies shouldn’t pad their profits at the expense of hardworking Americans,” said Biden on Twitter.
These polluting oil companies are pushing our world headfirst towards ecological destruction through fossil fuel-induced climate change while extorting hundreds of millions of people for their bottom lines. It’s time we took a stand. Sign this petition to demand oil companies lower their prices and stop gouging the American public!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Shelters Are Overwhelmed With Animals People Dump After Easter
- Investigate School in North Carolina That Hosted a Mock Slave Auction
- Tell UPenn to Fire Professor Amy Wax For White Supremacist Remarks
- Demand The NBA Hire More Women as Coaches Next Season
- End Female Genital Mutilation in Malaysia
- Demand This High School Provide Resources For Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Charge Parents Who Give Kids Unsupervised Access to Guns
- Residents in Shanghai Are Locked In Their Apartments
- Pledge to Participate in No Mow May To Protect Bees
- Ban All Fur Trapping in the United States
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!