Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A horse has tragically died on the set of Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, causing people to question why one of the richest companies in the world is still using and exploiting horses for human entertainment. The show, produced by Amazon for distribution via Prime Video, was using over 30 horses that day on set. The horses were being prepared for a battle scene when one devastatingly collapsed. An independent autopsy confirmed that the horse died of cardiac arrest. And while Amazon is making excuses, emphasizing that the horse died before it was in costume, we know that exploiting and working animals for hours upon hours can have devastating impacts on their health. In fact, the horse in question was being exercised in preparation for the battle scene.
Please sign this petition now to tell Amazon to stop using, exploiting, and killing animals for entertainment!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Ask the U.S. Government to Not Ban TikTok
- Petition: Help End Elephant Riding in Thailand
- Petition: Help Ban Rodeos in Arizona
- Petition: Pressure Authorities to Replace Zoo Animals with VR Experiences
- Petition: Urge Congress to Pass Legislation That Will Protect the Right to Abortion Medication
- Petition: Demand Marineland Transfer Its Whales and Dolphins to Sanctuaries Immediately
- Petition: Ask Nebraska to Help Protect Bald Eagles from Hunters
- Petition: Urge Pittsburgh to Support Its Immigrant Population
- Petition: Tell Ford Motor Company to Drop Its Dangerous Automated Repossession Proposal
- Petition: Tell Authorities to Charge Man for Killing, Skinning, and Beheading Dogs
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!