The recycled polyester material used in the pants are created using the following 5-step process:
- Plastic PET containers are picked up at community recycling centers, then stored by type and color.
- They are then stripped of labels and caps, washed and crushed, then chopped into flakes.
- The flakes undergo a second melting and are made into consistently shaped pellets.
- The pellets are melted and extruded to make fiber. The fiber is crimped, cut, drawn and stretched, then baled.
- The baled fiber can be processed into fabric for a variety of textile products and users. PHEW!
Just check out their awesome collection of super-cool hot pants!
Go grab a pair NOW!