Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Abandoning a dog does emotional and behavioral damage in ways most people can’t imagine. After losing the only people they have ever relied on, they feel worthless, unable to trust, and scared. The Hope For Paws team sees this kind of situation time and time again, but they never lose faith that forsaken animals will learn to love and trust again. When the rescue got a call about a dog who had been living in an empty house after being abandoned along with two other dogs, JoAnn Wiltz and Lisa Arturo headed out to the location.
Two of the dogs had been taken in by a kind neighbor leaving a terrified and skittish Golden Retriever mix all alone. The rescue team managed to lure him into a trap – and let’s just say he wasn’t thrilled. Luckily, a gentle voice and some nice food went a long way! The dog, named Moomba, eventually calmed down and was taken to the vet for medical care and Sunny Day Acres for rehabilitation. Now he’s happily living in his forever home!
- Abandoned Dog Was Hiding in a Spot Rescuers Couldn’t Reach, So They Got Creative
- This Abandoned Dog Spent Her Days Running From Cars – Now Look at Her! (VIDEO)
- Abandoned Dog Was Terrified of People After Getting Hit by a Car (VIDEO)
- Depressed, Abandoned Dog Stared at Shelter Wall for Days – Then Something Amazing Happened
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!