@healthygirlkitchen the best healthy veggie soup EVER 🍲✨ #vegan #soup #healthymeals ♬ Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Joytastic Sarah
This healthy veggie lentil soup will change your life! TikTok user @healthygirlkitchen starts this recipe off by adding olive oil and one cup of diced onions to a pot. She then adds 2 cups of diced carrots and 1 cup of diced celery. Next, she adds one cup of chopped green beans, five cups of veggie broth, and one cup of canned and diced tomatoes. To top it off, add salt and a little parsley. After you let the pot simmer for about 20 minutes, you can add in a bunch of fresh kale, lentils, and the rice of your choice.
Not only is this healthy veggie lentil soup super high in fiber, and protein, but it will make you feel energized, nourished, and overall amazing. Lentils are rich in fiber, folate, and potassium and are also a good source of iron and vitamin B1, says good food. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it in huge batches and save it to reheat throughout the week. A diet rich in a wide variety of vegetables has a multitude of health benefits. It can help lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, prevent some types of cancer, lower the risk of eye and digestive problems, and have a positive effect on blood sugar, says the Harvard School of Public Health.
- The Health Benefits of an Alkaline Plant-Based Diet (with Recipes!)
- 15 Healthy, Alkaline Recipes To Recreate!
- 5 Alkaline Plant-Based Foods to Balance Your Body’s pH Levels
- Acid to Alkaline: Naturally Acidic Plant-Based Foods That Alkalize the Body
- 5 Blood Biomarkers Associated with Aging: How to Measure and Support Them for Healthy Aging
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.