It’s been a tough couple of years for many people. Anxiety and depression have skyrocketed since the pandemic began, along with insomnia and other mental health issues. Things like yoga, meditation, affirmations, and breathing exercises can certainly help ease the tension, but sometimes you just need a little something extra, or maybe you just don’t have the time.
Here are 10 natural supplements that can help you relax and be ready to face whatever the world throws at you.
1. Bach RESCUE REMEDY Dropper
This homeopathic, gluten-free, and sugar-free formula is crafted from hand-picked flowers from the U.K. It’s not addictive, doesn’t contain any major allergens, and the popular brand has been in business for over 85 years. Bach RESCUE REMEDY Dropper costs $20.83 for a 20mL bottle which contains almost 200 doses.
Alice Bissel says, “I have been using this product since 1993 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, the end of my 20 + year marriage, several hurricanes. and many other very stressful situations. I carry a bottle in my purse at all times.”
2. Happy Healthy Hippie Be Grounded Capsules
This fast-acting, non-GMO formula contains Lemon Balm, Lavender, L-Theanine, and Magnesium Glycinate. It won’t make you drowsy, but rather calm and alert. Happy Healthy Hippie Be Grounded Capsules cost $22.95 for a 30-day supply.
Sheena says, “This company makes magic! Seriously, I’m life savingly hooked:) I love this product! Within 20 mins I’m calm, I can handle any situation! I know when I need to take it before a stressful situation or an anxious part of my day, it’s seriously magical, I can be me! I can maintain:) This company has made my life so much happier & therefore healthier!”
3. Nature’s Answer Passionflower Extract
This gluten-free, low-alcohol, and kosher formula is made in the U.S.A. The concentrated Passionflower is extracted using a unique proprietary process that ensures its balance and potency. Nature’s Answer Passionflower Extract costs $13.99 for a 30-day supply.
One Amazon reviewer says, “I love this passionflower! I use many products to help my G.A.D. (generalized anxiety disorder) and this product always helps relieve anxiety and quickly! I will continue to buy this product.”
4. For The Biome Stress Therapy Teabags
This organic, gluten-free formula is clinically proven to help with mental clarity and emotional stress. The floral and aromatic teabags contain Chamomile, Passionflower, Calendula, Hibiscus, Elderflower, Rose, and Saffron. It also absorbs quickly and contains no pesticides. For The Biome Therapy Teabags cost $26.96 for a two-week supply.
One Amazon reviewer says, “Tastes good and so soothing. Beautiful packaging and best that is easy to compost. I’ve been enjoying my evening stress therapy tea daily. Highly recommended”
5. Mary Ruth’s Kava Liquid Drops
This organic, non-GMO, alcohol-free formula contains 8 different herbs to help you relax. These include Kava Kava Root, California Poppy Flower, Hops Flower, Skullcap Herb, Passionflower Leaf, Schisandra Berry, Anise Seed, and Licorice Root. It’s also free of common allergens and has no artificial flavors. Mary Ruth’s Kava Liquid Drops cost $17.95 for a 30-day supply.
Donna Triska says, “I have mild anxiety which causes my muscles to tighten. Within minutes I’m less anxious and my shoulders are no longer around my ears. I have been using this for a little over a week as needed and am so much more relaxed.”
6. Himalaya Mucuna Caplets
This non-GMO, organic formula can help relieve physical and emotional stress. It contains powder and extracts taken from the seed and stem. It’s also free of gluten, soy, and corn, and doesn’t have any additives or fillers. Himalaya Mucuna Caplets cost $15.74 for a 60-day supply.
One Amazon reviewer says, “This product works well for A.D.H.D. anxiety, within 20 minutes a feeling of relaxation kicks in.”
7. Deva Hemp Oil Capsules
This organic formula contains omega 3, omega 6, and omega 9. It’s unrefined, cold-pressed, and carries an appealing nutty scent. It’s also the cheapest option on the list. Deva Hemp Oil Capsules cost $6.92 for a 45-day supply.
Robert M. says, “Helps my back pain but not my knee pain. Helps a LOT with anxiety. Helps with general stress and has improved my sleep duration and quality(I also take melatonin). Pills are large and do smell funny.”
8. Gaia Herbs Calm A.S.A.P. Capsules
This non-GMO, organic formula is non-addictive and doesn’t cause drowsiness. It’s made with Skullcap, Passionflower, Chamomile, Vervain, and Holy Basil. It is also free of gluten, soy, peanuts, sesame, and yeast. Gaia Herbs Calm A.S.A.P. costs $23.99 for a 20-day supply.
Amina says, “Very good for calming down. As an integrative psychiatrist, I prescribe this to my patients.”
9. Hyland’s Naturals Stress Busters Gummies
These non-GMO, gluten-free gummies are flavored with raspberries and organic sugars. They contain Magnesium, L-Theanine, Chamomile Flower Extract, and Lemon Balm Leaf Extract. They’re also free of major allergens and artificial flavors. Hyland’s Naturals Stress Busters Gummies cost $19.78 for a 30-day supply.
Russ says, “Huge fan of Hyland’s products, yet another winner! I like the sweet and tart taste, and combination of l-theanine and chamomile.”
10. Dr. Danielle Stress Lift Capsules
This gluten-free formula supports sleep, stress relief, energy, and thyroid functioning. It contains Siberian Rhodiola, Wild Oat Milky Seed, Schisandra Berry, Ashwagandha Root, and Holy Basil Leaf. It’s also free of soy, peanuts, sugar, and sweeteners. Dr. Danielle Stress Lift Capsules cost $24.95 for a 40-day supply.
One Amazon reviewer says, “I have ordered this incredible supplement several times, and now I have it on subscription, because it has helped me tremendously with stress, cortisol, and I sleep much better. I highly recommend it to everybody!”
- 10 Natural Sleep Supplements
- 10 Natural Vegan Antibiotic Supplements
- 10 All Natural Vegan Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) Supplements
- 10 Natural Energy-Boosting Vegan Supplements To Try
- 10 Plant-Based Collagen Supplements for Skin, Hair, and Nail Health
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.