Sneaker News called the release a “litmus test for future releases.” Hopefully, this will be one of many vegan releases from the brand.
View this post on Instagram
To bring about a more sustainable sensibility, Nike debuted its “Space Hippie” line in 2020. The line includes clothes from recycled materials, plastic bottles and post-industrial scraps. John Hoke, Nike’s Chief Design Officer said that the Space Hippie collection, “is about figuring out how to make the most with the least material, the least energy, and the least carbon.”
Sign this petition to tell Nike and Puma to stop selling kangaroo leather products in California, and commit to phasing out the use of kangaroo leather company-wide!
Read more vegan fashion and eco-friendly clothing news in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- Serena Williams Debuts Vegan Line
- Kanye Talks About Making his Clothing Brand Yeezy Eco-Friendly
- Billie Eilish’s Eco Collab with H&M
- Plastic Is Used in Making 60% of Clothes
- Celeb Favorite Brand Soludos Launches Vegan Sneakers
- Adidas is Making Sneakers Out of Plastic Ocean Waste!
- Reebok Makes Their Sustainable Cotton and Corn Sneakers Cruelty-Free!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!