This hummus soup has it all; rich flavor, protein and it's also healthy. What more can you want? Try this delightful recipe!
Warming Hummus Soup [Vegan]
- 1 red onion or any onion
- 6 closed cup chestnut mushrooms
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 1/2 stock cubes
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 heaping tablespoons smooth hummus
- 3 and a half cups of water
- 3/4 cup of of green beans
- Finely chop up an onion and slice up the mushrooms. Sauté them in a large soup pan with a bit of olive oil until the onion browns lightly.
- In the meantime peel 2 carrots and cut them up finely, cube 4 medium sized potatoes and add them to the pot together with 3 and a half cups of boiling water.
- Add all other ingredients apart from the green beans and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Then cut up the green beans and add to the soup and let cook for another 5 minutes or until done.
- And you are done! All ready for you to enjoy!