Miso and nutritional yeast take this tofu feta cheese to the next level. Use it to bulk up a simple salad or enjoy it as a dessert with sliced pears and apples.
Tofu Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon oregano (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Press water out of tofu. Place tofu between two paper towels and put something heavy on top. Let it sit for at least an hour.
- Prepare marinade. Whisk together every ingredient in a bowl until nice and even.
- Cut tofu into small cubes and add to a jar or an air-tight container. Add marinade and mix well together. Place jar in fridge and let tofu marinade for at least 2 hours.
Marinade the tofu feta for 8-48 hours for the best result. After marinading keep the tofu covered with olive oil in the fridge in an air-tight jar to preserve it for 2-3 weeks. Add fresh herbs, chili, black peppercorns and garlic cloves for an extra fancy version.