This hearty breakfast hash packs your meal with flavor and a load of simple, whole food ingredients. Tender sweet potatoes and black beans are cooked with aromatic garlic and onion and seasoned with smoky paprika and cumin. Serve with avocado or a side of toast!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Breakfast Hash [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Hash:
- 18.3 oz (approximately 1 3/4 cups) black bean soup, strained
- 1/4 cup water or use strained broth from soup above
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- In a medium pan on medium heat, add in 1/4 cup water (or 1/4 cup strained broth), sweet potatoes, onions, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the parsley (or cilantro), and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the edges the sweet potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Garnish with parsley, avocado, and smoked paprika. Serve warm.