I am always looking to create meals that encompass both simplicity and big flavors. My current favorite is stuffed sweet potatoes! Naturally loaded with Vitamin A, fiber, potassium, B-vitamins and powerful antioxidants, simple sweet potatoes make the perfect base for a nourishing meal. Load them up with a nice source of protein and your favorite flavorings, and you are good to go!
Roasted Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Creamy Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
For the Oven-Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (may be from 15 oz. can)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley and basil work very well here!)
For the Creamy Tahini Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp water, as needed to thin to desired consistency
- Other veggies and toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick holes into the sweet potatoes with a fork. Place onto the prepared baking sheet and bake 40 minutes to 1 hour, until the center of the potatoes are soft when pricked with a knife. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the roasted chickpeas and creamy tahini dressing.
To Make the Oven Roasted Chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until the chickpeas are evenly coated with the flavorings.
- Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast 35-40 minutes, until crisp and golden, tossing a few times during baking to prevent uneven browning.
To Make the Creamy Tahini Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy. Enjoy!
- Slice the potatoes down the center, almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Stuff each sweet potato with the roasted chickpeas and any other veggies of choice. Top with the fresh herbs and creamy tahini sauce. Serve and enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
ChickpeaNutritional Yeast / NoochSweet Potatotahini