I've made these tarts for a special occasion treat and I hope they can bring a little joy into your life too. They are raw, vegan, gluten-free and soooo good for your body and your tastebuds. Let's eat!
Orange Beet Tartlets With Almond Fig Crust [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup gooey dried figs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
For the Cream:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 3 hours then rinsed
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped red beet
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 peeled and chopped orange
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
To Make the Crust:
- Blend the figs and almond flour together until you get a sticky, very thick paste that’s similar to heavy dough. Press into lined tart tins. If the dough is too sticky when you’re trying to press it into the tart tins, just wet your fingers a little.
To Make the Cream:
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and like very thick yogurt. Pour into your tart crusts and refrigerate overnight so the flavors can develop. Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve.
Use any other gooey dried fruit instead of figs or if you don't have gooey dried fruit add some water to the crust mixture to compensate. Use any other unrefined flour instead of almond flour or grind up your own flour from oats, nuts, etc. Use young coconut meat or any other nuts instead of cashews. Use any other unrefined sweetener instead of coconut sugar.