The Snickers pie recipe of your dreams is here! I repeat – the gluten-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, vegan, raw, ooey- gooey chocolatey caramel-y peanut butter-y Snickers pie recipe you've always dreamt of has finally arrived. This pie is such a star – it’s super easy to make and it’s packed with fiber and good fats from the coconut and nuts. Confession: I sometimes eat a slice of this baby for a decadent breakfast.
No-Bake Snickers Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup nut of choice (I like cashews and almonds best, with walnuts shortly behind – you can even mix nuts if you wanna get crazy!)
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and then drained
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted almond butter
Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, put in fridge overnight
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
To Make the Crust:
- Add all crust ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and able to be stuck together, then press into a parchment lined pie pan. Stick in freezer.
To Make the Caramel Layer:
- Add all the caramel ingredients to the food processor (no need to clean for the whole recipe) and process until very smooth.
- Spread an even layer atop pie crust and return to freezer.
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop out solid white coconut cream (save the remaining coconut water for a smoothie).
To Make the Mousse Layer:
- Add to food processor with remaining mousse ingredients, then process until smooth.
- Spread evenly atop of caramel layer, then return to freezer. If desired, top with an additional drizzle of dark chocolate, melted in a double boiler.
- Freeze overnight, and store in freezer but let de-thaw on counter for about 10 minutes before serving your very own healthy Snickers pie.