These mini pumpkin pie cheesecakes are the perfect little treat for fall parties or just to have something sweet on hand. Simple, rich, pumpkin-spiced, creamy and not too sweet, they hit the spot and give you the comforting feeling of all things Fall.
Mini Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- Pinch of sea salt
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Start by soaking the cashews for one hour and soaking the dates for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tin with plastic wrap or liners.
- Make the crust in a food processor. Blend the pecans until ground, then add the soft dates and sea salt. Pulse until well combined and sticky.
- Transfer the mixture into muffin tin and press down until a crust is formed. The crust is super sticky and it helps if you run your fingers under warm water before pressing down the crust. Place tin in freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, blend all the ingredients for the filling until smooth and creamy. Remove tin from freezer and pour the filling over crust. Top with a few extra pecans and freeze for about 4 hours, or until firm.
Store any leftovers in the freezer.