Is it a dip … a sauce … a condiment? Whatever you end up calling it, this nacho cheese sauce is incredibly versatile. Dip raw veggies or chips in it. Drizzle it warmed on top of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or a medley of roasted vegetables. This recipe would make a great cheezy pasta sauce, tossed with cooked macaroni, topped with breadcrumbs and baked until crispy. Got some left over? You could also try it on pizza, burritos, or gooped onto a burger or tofu dog. No idea is a bad one with this sauce.
Green Chile Nacho Cheese Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in 2 cups water for 2-4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced (I used jarred)
- 1/4 cup green chiles, diced (I used canned)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine drained cashews, red peppers, green chiles, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, water, cayenne and sea salt. Blend until smooth, occasionally scraping the sides to make sure it’s thoroughly mixed.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
All Vegan CheeseCashewCashew CheeseCheesy Recipes (Vegan)CondimentNutritional Yeast / NoochSauce