Now I present you with two of my favorite things in the world: cinnamon lattes and cupcakes. They had a baby and it looks like this:
Cinnamon Latte Cupcakes [Vegan]
10 large cupcakes
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 flax eggs (1tbsp ground flaxseed + 3tbsps tepid water makes one flax egg)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp coffee extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine,
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF. Prepare the flax eggs, whisking the ingredients together to combine them well, and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, add the baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon, and combine. Mix in the soya milk, coffee extract and flax eggs. Don’t overmix, because that will toughen the batter.
- Pour the batter into cupcakes tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- For the icing, beat the margarine and powdered sugar together with an electric whisk to form soft peaks. Add the coffee extract and cinnamon. Set aside in the fridge until your cupcakes have baked and cooled, then ice them.