In this recipe, halved avocados are stuffed with a homemade cashew cream, garnished with chopped nuts and chives, and served with a side of sliced cherry tomatoes. This simple recipe both looks and tastes like something you would order off the menu at a high-end restaurant, but it's so easy — and affordable — to make in your own home. Serve these as an appetizer or light course at a dinner party, or simply enjoy them with no occasion in mind.
Cashew Cream Stuffed Avocado [Vegan]
- 2 avocados
For the Filling:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Garnish:
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 4 Brazil nuts, roughly ground and mixed with 1/2 teaspoon tamari.
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut julienne
- 2 tablespoons paté
- Blend all ingredients for the filling in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds, and with a spoon, scoop out the flesh in one piece.
- Brush olive paté on a plate, place the avocado half on top and fill with the filling. Garnish with ground Brazil nuts and chopped chives. Add the cherry tomato julienne on the side.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS