These raw zucchini wraps are not only super healthy but they’re refreshing, filling, easy and fun to make! And so colorful too. All these vibrant colors are good for you…full of antioxidents, nutrients, fiber and yes, even protein! Fresh and raw is a beautiful way to eat. At least half of our daily food consumption should be raw foods for optimal health, not always easy, but hopefully this will be a fun way to add some rawness to your life. Your mind, body and soul will thank you!
What you’ll need
- 1 – 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise*
- red bell pepper, julienned
- yellow bell pepper, julienned
- carrots, julienned (I used baby carrots, cut into quarters)
- sprouts/micro greens of choice
- cilantro, optional
- fresh cracked pepper
- tooth picks
- 1 cup basil or kale
- 1 cup kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini, optional
- 3 tablespoons or so extra virgin olive oil (if not using tahini add 1 or 2 extra tablespoons olive oil)
- himalayan salt to taste
- Amounts here will vary on how many your making, use your best judgement on how much you will need. If you can’t find sprouts or micro greens, try using cilantro or fresh basil leaves.
- For the kale pesto, place ingredients into food processor and process until desired consistency. Taste for seasoning.
- Lay your zucchini flat on a hard surface, layer with the pesto, add sprouts, veggies and starting from the veggie end, roll and stick with a toothpick in the center. Top with cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy!
* Look for the smaller zucchini, they will be the perfect size for these bite size rolls. The length and width is just right.