Gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, raw, vegan.
Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp hazelnut butter (peanut butter works too)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- The best pan to use for this recipe would be a Flexi-pan or other type of silicone mold. Otherwise a spring form pan works great. If you don’t have a Flexi-pan but want individual cheesecakes, use a muffin pan, lightly oiled.
- Blend all ingredients for the crust together in a food processor until it comes together. Remove from processor and press the crust into the bottom of desired pan, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Set aside while you making the filling.
- In a food processor or mixer blend together cashews, maple syrup, water, and salt. Run until totally smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as necessary. Add cocoa powder, hazelnut butter and coconut oil to cashew mixture and blend together, scraping down again, until mixture is uniformly combine.
- Spoon or pipe the filling on top of crusts. Stick cheesecake in the freezer until solid all the way through (at least 2 hours for individual cheesecakes, 4 for large cheesecake).
- Once frozen remove cheesecake from pan. If using silicone mold, they will easily pop out. If you have a muffin tin, run a sharp, hot knife around the edges of each cheesecake. Using the knife as a lever, pop the cheesecakes out. If they don’t come out easily, turn muffin tin upside down and give it a few whacks. Place the removed cakes in the refrigerator while making the chocolate sauce.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together with a fork. Scoop a little onto cold cheesecake. Place back in fridge and let sauce harden.
- Top with hazelnuts. Serve cold
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS