Gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, raw, vegan.
Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Recipe is :
For the Crust:
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons hazelnut butter (peanut butter works, too)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- The best pan to use for this recipe would be a silicone mold. Otherwise, a springform pan works great. You can also use a muffin tin for individual cheesecakes.
- Blend all ingredients for the crust together in a food processor until it comes together. Remove from processor and press the crust into the bottom of desired pan, about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside while you making the filling.
- In a food processor or mixer, blend together cashews, maple syrup, water, and salt. Run until totally smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as necessary. Add cocoa powder, hazelnut butter, and coconut oil to cashew mixture and blend together, scraping down again, until mixture is uniformly combined.
- Spoon or pipe the filling on top of crusts. Stick cheesecake in the freezer until solid all the way through (at least 2 hours for individual cheesecakes, 4 for large cheesecake).
- Once frozen remove cheesecake from pan. If using silicone mold, they will easily pop out. If you have a muffin tin, run a sharp, hot knife around the edges of each cheesecake. Using the knife as a lever, pop the cheesecakes out. If they don’t come out easily, turn muffin tin upside down and give it a few whacks. Place the removed cakes in the refrigerator while making the chocolate sauce.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together with a fork. Scoop a little onto cold cheesecake. Place back in refrigerator and let sauce harden.
- Top with hazelnuts. Serve cold