This Zucchini Pasta Fresca is absolutely amazing! It's delicious - so much better than any store-bought pasta sauce you could find. Plus, it's quite simple to make and you can double the recipes to keep for later.
Zucchini Pasta Fresca [Vegan]
- 2 zucchini – diced small
- 1 small onion – small diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 – 14 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 – 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided in half)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound whole-wheat spaghetti – cooked
- Place 1 1/2 cans of the petite diced tomato in a blender and blend until smooth
- Sauté zucchini and onion in 1/2 the olive oil (2 tablespoons) until begins to brown. Add dried basil, salt and pepper, and garlic. Continue to cook for 1 minute
- Add the blended tomatoes, tomato sauce, and other 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes
- In the same blender, add the other 2 T of olive oil and the basil. Blend until smooth (can still have some basil chunks).
- Add the basil oil to the tomatoes and zucchini. Stir to incorporate well. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes
- Serve over pasta!