This recipe is a winning, very light, delicious and proof that we don't need eggs to make irresistible muffins. If you want you can not use chocolate, but courgette and chocolate are inseparable friends, no one can resist them when they are together!
Zucchini Muffins [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup whole spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate 70% chopped cocoa (optional)
- 1 cup puree unsweetened apple (homemade or purchase)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla aroma
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- Turn the oven on at 360ºF.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, salt and chocolate if desired.
- In another bowl mix the zucchini, apple puree, coconut oil, vanilla and vinegar.
- Add the contents of the two bowls and mix well.
- Put the batter into the baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes until the muffins are cooked inside.
- Remove and allow to cool in tray before removing.