This vegetable rose tart is so pretty and tasty! The oat and sunflower seed crust is deliciously crunchy, the cheesy sun-dried tomato filling is savory and creamy, and together with the fresh vegetable ribbons on top, it makes the perfect dish! It’s great if you want to impress with your cooking skills at a brunch or family reunion. You can also easily adjust the spices, garlic, and vegetables according to you taste.
Vegetable Rose Tart With Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomato Filling [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 tablespoon flax meal, plus 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup water
- Basil and oregano, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, for greasing
For the Filling:
- 1 12.3-ounce block silken firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 cup rice milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/8 cup parsley
For the Vegetables:
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 3 carrots
- 1 celeriac
- 1 beet
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 345°F.
- Create 2 flax "eggs" by mixing the flax meal with the warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients for the base layer in a blender and mix until combined (you should get a crumbly dough).
- Grease a 9-inch springform with coconut oil (or any other oil) and spread out the dough evenly on the bottom and the sides.
- Put the springform in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, place all the ingredients for the filling in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Cut the vegetables into thin, wide strips using a mandoline or potato peeler.
- When the crust is ready, let it cool down a bit and spread the filling evenly on top.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and assemble the vegetables.
- Roll up the first strip of your vegetable, place it in the center of the tart, and press it down. Wrap the other vegetable strips around it, pressing down, and continue until the whole tart is filled up.
- Brush with some olive oil and let bake for about 15-20 minutes.