What’s fab about this dish, is simply everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, veggie-packed, flavor-packed, can easily be made in bulk (meal prep), affordable, the sauce can be paired with countless other dishes, non vegan approved, and it’s just an all around game changing effortless recipe you have to try!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta with Garlic Cream Sauce [Vegan]
For the Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Pasta:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 box cooked fettuccine or linguini pasta
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup tasted pine nuts - garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley - garnish
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- Add minced garlic and and butter to a pan. Sauté the garlic for one to two minutes, or just until it's tender and fragrant. Add the chopped shallots and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Set aside.
- In a blend add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt/pepper, and onion/garlic mix and blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk if desired to achieve thinner consistency
- To the same pan add a little olive oil and garlic, cook for 1 minute, add the drained artichokes and cook for 3-4 minutes. I like to get brown pieces to add more flavor. Toss in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the cooked pasta and garlic cream sauce to the pan with the artichokes and spinach. Toss and coat. Top of with a squeeze of lemon and garnish with parsley, toasted pine nuts and additional vegan parmesan.
If you want to make more sauce to use for leftovers simply add more cashews and almond milk If you have minimal time: Put cashews in bowl of water, microwave for 5 minutes, skip cooking garlic and shallots and throw into blender w/remaining sauce ingredients, throw the sauce in a pan with cooked pasta, artichokes, and spinach, cook for a few minutes, enjoy!