Ube or purple yam is a root vegetable popular in Filipino cuisine. This recipe combines the decadence of a creamy milkshake and the nutrients of ube. Top it with soy whipped cream, cocoa syrup, caramel syrup, rice crisps, and nuts or mix it with boba pearls, banana slices, chia seeds, goji berries. The possibilities are endless!
Ube Milkshake [Vegan]
For the Milkshake:
- 1/2 cup purple yam, cooked, mashed, or grated
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- Soy whipped cream (optional)
- Vegan chocolate syrup (optional)
- Vegan caramel sauce (optional)
- In a blender, combine purple yam, milk, and ice cream. Blend for 15-20 seconds or until well-combined.
- Transfer to a serving glass.
- Add toppings, if you desire.