Perfect for channeling those warm weather vibes, these bars are healthy, gluten-free, and loaded with tropical flavors from bananas, coconut, and oranges. Besides good-for-you fruits, they also have the added health benefits of maca. Snack on one of these bars with a glass of iced passion tea for a truly tropical experience.
Tropical Banana Maca Coconut Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup banana flour
- 1/8 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/12 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 banana
- 6 dates soaked in 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice and zest from 1 medium orange
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- In a large bowl, combine together the oat flour, banana flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, oats, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and maca. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, add soaked dates with their soaking water, banana, coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut nectar to a blender. Purée until smooth.
- Add date mixture to flours, along with orange juice and zest, and almond milk. Stir until combined and then pour into a 9×9 square pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven, preheated to 375°F for 40-45 minutes, or until a stick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is firm.
- Cool on a rack and then cut into squares to serve.
Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.