There are an endless amount of possible curry combinations! This recipe features vegetables like broccoli, potatoes, and green beans and is full of protein from the tempeh and the edamame. The coconut broth is elevated by the addition of lemongrass which adds depth and layers of complex flavors.
Tempeh, Lemongrass, and Broccoli Coconut Curry [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Curry:
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 3 small potatoes
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup of edamame
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 block of tempeh or tofu
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger or ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- Red cabbage
- Red pepper
- Black sesame seeds
- Basmati or jasmine rice (optional)
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes and edamame for about 3 minutes.
- Cook the tempeh on all sides and set aside.
- Sauté the onion cut into small pieces with a splash of water until it is translucent. Now put all the spices. After a minute, pour the coconut milk. Let it boil and then add all the vegetables, including the potatoes and soybeans from the edamame pods.
- Add the teaspoon of salt and the soy sauce.
- Let it simmer until the coconut milk is reduced in half.
- Once done, add the pieces of tempeh, red cabbage, red pepper, and the black sesame seeds.
- Serve along with rice (optional).