This medley of sweet and roasty root vegetables, like carrot, sweet potato, and turnip, to name a few, is reminiscent of fries. These rustic veggies are the perfect side to a hearty veggie burger, where they'll be the first to disappear from the plate.
Tangerine Roasted Root Veggies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small-ish sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced in quarters lengthwise, and then cut in half
- 1 turnip, cut into large chunks
- 1 rutabaga, cut into large chunks
- 1 beet, cut into large chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, sage, rosemary, and basil
- 1 cup of tangerine juice (use orange juice if you can’t find tangerines)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- A few turns fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place all of the veggies into a large mixing bowl and add the herbs, tangerine juice, mustard, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Place the veggies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until they are done to your liking. When you add the veggies to the baking sheet, be sure to add all of the liquid in the bowl as well.
- After the first 25 minutes, take them out of the oven and flip the veggies over with a spatula . Place them back in the oven until they are done.