This medley of sweet and roasty root vegetables, like carrot, sweet potato, and turnip, to name a few, is reminiscent of fries. These rustic veggies are the perfect side to a hearty veggie burger, where they'll be the first to disappear from the plate.
Tangerine Roasted Root Veggies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Tangerine Roasted Root Veggies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small-ish sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced in quarters lengthwise, and then cut in half
- 1 turnip, cut into large chunks
- 1 rutabaga, cut into large chunks
- 1 beet, cut into large chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, sage, rosemary, and basil
- 1 cup of tangerine juice (use orange juice if you can’t find tangerines)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- A few turns fresh cracked black pepper
How to Prepare Tangerine Roasted Root Veggies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place all of the veggies into a large mixing bowl and add the herbs, tangerine juice, mustard, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Place the veggies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until they are done to your liking. When you add the veggies to the baking sheet, be sure to add all of the liquid in the bowl as well.
- After the first 25 minutes, take them out of the oven and flip the veggies over with a spatula . Place them back in the oven until they are done.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.