This sandwich is just as comforting as a grilled cheese but packed full of healthy ingredients. A grilled sandwich is so much better than one that is not and this tasty creation is the embodiment of summer comfort food perfected.
Swiss Chard and White Bean Grilled Sammie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Swiss Chard and White Bean Grilled Sammie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- Baby rainbow Swiss chard
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Tomato slices
- 1 15-ounce can white beans
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- Vegan butter
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare Swiss Chard and White Bean Grilled Sammie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a food processor, place the beans and lemon and process them for 1 minute.
- While the processor is running slowly add the olive oil process until it's smooth and creamy.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the white bean spread on each slice of bread.
- Layer one slice with Swiss chard and tomatoes, the other slice with radishes seasoned well with salt and pepper. Sandwich the two pieces together.
- Spread one side with vegan butter.
- Place sandwich buttered side down in a preheated pan over medium heat, spread the other side with vegan butter.
- Cook it until it's golden brown and flip, cook the other side the same. Remove it from the pan and slice it in half before you serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.