This sandwich is just as comforting as a grilled cheese but packed full of healthy ingredients. A grilled sandwich is so much better than one that is not and this tasty creation is the embodiment of summer comfort food perfected.
Swiss Chard and White Bean Grilled Sammie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- Baby rainbow Swiss chard
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Tomato slices
- 1 15-ounce can white beans
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- Vegan butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, place the beans and lemon and process them for 1 minute.
- While the processor is running slowly add the olive oil process until it's smooth and creamy.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the white bean spread on each slice of bread.
- Layer one slice with Swiss chard and tomatoes, the other slice with radishes seasoned well with salt and pepper. Sandwich the two pieces together.
- Spread one side with vegan butter.
- Place sandwich buttered side down in a preheated pan over medium heat, spread the other side with vegan butter.
- Cook it until it's golden brown and flip, cook the other side the same. Remove it from the pan and slice it in half before you serve.