This. Is. So. Good. If you like Hawaiian burgers, this will be your official summer burger. It’s filling, but light and has a lot of flavor.The flavors are so well paired together that it is irresistible. You know when you are really full, but it’s just so good that you reach for another one anyway? Yes, that good.
Sweet Potato Chickpea Burger With Apricot Mustard and Rosemary Fries [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds, hulled
- 1 raw sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons onion, pureed
- 1 garlic clove, pureed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour plus 1/4 cup for shaping into hamburger disks
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Burger buns
For the Apricot Mustard:
- 3 tablespoons apricot jelly
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Carmelized onions
For the Rosemary Potato Fries:
- 2 potatoes, sliced into steak fries
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- salt to taste
To Make the Rosemary Potato Fries:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a bag or with your hands, evenly coat the oil, rosemary, and salt on the potatoes.
- Transfer the coated potatoes to a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes and bake for another 6-7 minutes. Leave the fries on your cookie sheet while your burgers are baking.
To Make the Burger:
- Preheat, or lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas.
- In a high speed blender, add the hemp seeds, and puree until finely ground.
- Add to the blender: sweet potato, onion, garlic, paprika, rosemary, and salt & pepper.
- Transfer the blender ingredients to the chickpea bowl and mix together.
- Add 3/4 cup chickpea flour. The texture should be wet, but shapeable. If it is not shapeable, continue to add chickpea flour until you can shape each burger into disks.
- In a skillet, add the oil and turn the heat on medium-high.
- Add the shaped burgers to the skillet and brown on each side for 3-5 minutes to create a crust.
- Bake the burgers for 20 minutes. Then rest for 5 minutes.
- While the burgers are in the oven, prepare the toppings and apricot mustard. Serve when the burgers are ready.
To Make the Apricot Mustard:
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients together.
I recommend prepping your burger ingredients while your fries are baking. My meal was perfectly hot when I did it in that order.