This delicious and superpower soup, loaded with turmeric and ginger, is perfect for cold days or for those days when fighting the flu. It works perfectly like a main course or as a starter. It has a good mix of flavors, salty miso, sweet carrots and spicy ginger, a perfect balance to incorporate all the good things your body and your soul need.
Superfood Turmeric Amaranth Soup [Vegan]
- 1/2 onion thinly diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 carrots thinly diced
- 1/2 zucchini cut in half moons
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato concentrate
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 spoonfuls amaranth seeds
- 1 handful baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- In a pot, heat a bit of olive oil and sauté diced onion for 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Add minced garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add carrots and sauté other 5 mins. Sprinkle turmeric, ginger and stir the miso paste and tomato concentrate. Add a couple of spoons of water and dissolve the miso paste.
- Incorporate 2 cups of water (room temperature) and the bay leaf and increase heat to maximum. When boiling, add amaranth, reduce heat to low and leave it simmer until amaranth is cooked, around 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini and baby spinach and cook for 5 minutes longer. You will see how the soup thickens, that's for the amaranth, and the longer you leave it, the thicker will get.