Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It takes about 5 minutes to prepare this vegan potato curry! All you have to do is cut the potatoes and then dump everything in a large saucepan and simmer. Then, you just have to wait 20 minutes for it to get hot and the potatoes to get soft. Not quite as simple as throwing a pizza in the oven, but pretty damn close. This recipe for vegan potato curry is also extremely cheap to make and can feed the masses. Everyone will love it – you might even have to double the recipe!
Super Simple Potato Curry [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Super Simple Potato Curry [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 small potatoes or 2 medium/large potatoes
- 1 13.66-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grade B maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
How to Prepare Super Simple Potato Curry [Vegan]
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add diced onion and cook until starting to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer and add potatoes.
- Cover and let simmer on low/medium until potatoes are softened, 10-15 minutes.
- Add frozen peas, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir again and serve. Store leftover in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1369 | Total Carbs: 113 g | Total Fat: 83 g | Total Protein: 32 g | Total Sodium: 669 g | Total Sugar: 27 g (Per Serving) Calories: 342 | Carbs: 28 g | Fat: 21 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 167 g | Sugar: 7 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.