There’s something exhilarating about eating bright colored foods. Don’t you agree? Don’t get me wrong, I adore a nice lentil stew or brown rice, but what really gets me to a happy place is when I feel like I’m eating the rainbow. This super greens soup is bursting with spring flavor and freshness- leeks, broccoli, peas, parsley and spinach are a killer combo, and the crispiness of the chickpeas make this a well rounded dish.
Super Greens Soup With Crispy Chickpea Croutons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Super Greens Soup With Crispy Chickpea Croutons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can BPA free, organic chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 medium sized leek
- 1 stalk broccoli
- 2 ribs of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- handful of spinach
- ¼ cup frozen organic peas
- Juice from half lemon
- handful of parsley
How to Prepare Super Greens Soup With Crispy Chickpea Croutons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Open your can of chickpeas and drain until they no longer foam (this is to get rid of all of the salt).
- Toss the chickpeas with 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 20-25 min or until slightly crispy.
- In the meantime, chop leek finely (discard the rough dark green part) and saute in 2 teaspoons coconut oil for 5 min.
- Chop the broccoli, celery, mince the garlic, and add to the pot along with the veggie broth and salt & pepper. Simmer for 7-10 min.
- Add peas, spinach and ginger and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and add parsley and lemon juice.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Serve with chickpeas and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.