This might not taste like your traditional pâté, but you definitely don't want to miss out on this! This sunflower seed pâté is bursting with flavor; the slightly sweet flavor of carrots, the nutty flavor of sunflower seeds combined with spices that pack a punch, like smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and more. Spread it over sliced baguette, garnish with fresh parsley, and dig in!
Sunflower Seed Pâté [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked in water
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good quality vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Begin by soaking your sunflower seeds overnight.
- With the grating adjustment, grate your carrots straight into your food processor.
- Add all other ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and well combined.
- Adjust all seasoning to taste.
- Spread over crusty sourdough bread or enjoy as a dip or with crackers.