These cookies are so crunchy and delicious. They are packed with nutrition and low in sugar. They only use a short list of ingredients and take only 10 mins to cook. A perfect food gift for your loved ones
Sunflower Seed Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon Ground Golden Organic Flax Seeds (Left to swell in 4 Tsp of water)
- 1/3 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/3 cup Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Sugar (Use 2 if you have a sweet tooth)
- 2 teaspoon Granulated Organic Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Organic Almond Meal
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Sunflower Seed Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Organic Sugar Free Dark Chocolate
- Freeze Dried Raspberries
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Make the flax egg in a small bowl, and leave aside to swell.
- In a small pot on a medium heat add the vegan butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, stevia and vanilla extract and allow the ingredients to melt down.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sunflower seed flour, almond meal, gluten free flour mix, baking soda and salt and mix well with a whisk - leaving a well in the center.
- Pour in the melted mixture, add the flax egg and stir together well until all is combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 10-15 mins to chill.At this time, preheat the oven to 360ºF fan forced.
- Once the mixture has chilled, and using your hands, roll the mixture into a big ball and press it down onto a clean surface/kitchen benchtop. Really use your hands to evenly press out the mixture, pressing together any cracks that form.
- You can also use a rolling pin to help you, but if you find it starts to stick, just go back to using your hands.
- You want about a 1cm high even layer of cookie dough.
- Use the heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies, and lay them evenly spaced apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Carry on pressing out the dough using the left overs to create another layer to cut.
- When all the dough has been used, place the tray into the oven to cook for 10 mins until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully.
- Using a bain-marie style, melt down the chocolate and dip each biscuit half into the melted mixture. Lay onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Enjoy and share the love!