This sugar free homemade applesauce is incredibly easy to make and is an easy way to cut down the amount of sugar you eat without sacrifice.
Sugar-Free Applesauce [Vegan]
- 5 pounds apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup Stevia
- 2 tablespoons dark, unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Combine all ingredients in a large heavy bottom saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Cook, partially covered, for 45 – 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very soft.
- Puree, in 2 or 3 batches in a food processor until the applesauce is the consistency you prefer. If you want chunky applesauce, use the dough blade, or just pulse with the chopping blade a few times. If you prefer smooth applesauce, use the chopping blade and puree until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the butter. Transfer to mason jars or an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.