Grains and pseudo-grains, nuts and seeds, legumes and vegetables, are all staple foods this vegan recipe combines them for the ultimate in plant power! Roasting peppers makes them tender and sweet and the perfect vessel for holding all our nutritious goodies. The filling is an array of textures and flavors and a satisfying meal. This dish comes together pretty quickly if have cooked quinoa and lentils on hand.
Stuffed Lentil, Quinoa and Mushroom Capsicum [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 medium green/red capsicum
- 3 spring onion
- 4 medium sized mushrooms
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 zucchini
- Preheat oven to 365°F. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Slice tops from capsicums. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Stand capsicums in prepared pan cover with top and roast for 20 min.
- Melt oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté spring onion, garlic and chopped vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove capsicums and discard any water. Spoon warm lentil mixture into capsicums and serve warm.