When you get Chinese food, always get the sauce on the side. This bit of wisdom has made a great impact on my physical health. Instead of sitting down to a plate of soggy vegetables drowning in sauce, I pick up a piece of broccoli with a fork and dip it into the garlic sauce. And guess what? Not only did I save hundreds of calories, I could actually taste the vegetables! Imagine that.
Steamed Vegetables With Garlic Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Steamed Vegetables With Garlic Sauce [Vegan]
- 3 Tbs. brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar
- 3 Tbs. gluten-free tamari
- 3 tsp. mirin
- 1-2 tsp. chili sauce
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. arrowroot powder (or cornstarch) + 1 ½ Tbs. water
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Steamed vegetables of your choice
- Brown rice
How to Prepare Steamed Vegetables With Garlic Sauce [Vegan]
- Combine the vinegar, agave, tamari, mirin, chili sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Combine the arrowroot and water in another bowl or cup and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the garlic. Cook until the garlic starts to become fragrant.
- Add the sauce mixture into the saucepan and let it come to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and cook on low to medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and brown rice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total from sauce (without rice and vegetables) Calories: 269 | Total Carbs: 19 g | Total Fat: 20 g | Total Protein: 6 g | Total Sodium: 2,940 mg | Total Sugar: 16 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.